Hi! My name is Lorinda and Thank You for visiting my blog. Please be a Follower and Leave a Message

This is also the page for our beautiful puppies under "LHENILO KENNEL" please visit the the Lhenilo Kennel Tab to know more about our dogs.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Absent @ Work

Yeah, you read it right.

I wasn't able to go to work today. My eldest daughter Emily is sick. She keeps on throwing up and her stool is watery. We went to her pedia and she was diagnosed to have Acute Gastroenteritis. Something the she got from our swimming last week.

It actually started last Tuesday. We went to the clinic the first time and she was diagnosed already. She was given some medicines but for three days in a row nothing was happening. She keeps on doing the same thing. She keeps on vomiting about 3 - 5 times a day. Stool is still watery. She dont say anything about her tummy if its hurting or what not though.

I got alarmed Friday night. I noticed the change on her body. She's losing it. Thats the time I asked if she is drinking her medicines on time. Little did I know that she is not actually taking her medicines. Its hard for Emily to take meds. You'll gonna end up running around banging every thing just for you to be able to put a 5 ml syrup on her mouth.

Thats why I decided not to go to work. I need to do something. I need to make my child take some of her medicines so the throwing up and watery stool would stop. I've got to do something. So today, since I have the entire 4 days to focus on her, I'll make sure that she'll drink her medicines, and before I go to work on Wednesday, I'll make it a point that she is then better.

This picture is her by the way. You cant stand seeing this girl sick. You'll get crazy!


Now, What is Gastroenteritis?

Got this from Wikipedia:
Gastroenteritis (also known as gastric flu, stomach flu, and stomach virus, although unrelated to influenza) is marked by severe inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract involving both the stomach and small intestine resulting in acute diarrhea and vomiting. It can be transferred by contact with contaminated food and water. The inflammation is caused most often[citation needed] by an infection from certain viruses or less often[citation needed] by bacteria, their toxins (e.g. SEB), parasites, or an adverse reaction to something in the diet or medication.
At least 50% of cases of gastroenteritis resulting from foodborne illness are caused by norovirus. Another 20% of cases, and the majority of severe cases in children, are due to rotavirus. Other significant viral agents include adenovirus and astrovirus.
Different species of bacteria can cause gastroenteritis, including Salmonella, Shigella, Staphylococcus, Campylobacter jejuni, Clostridium, Escherichia coli, Yersinia, Vibrio cholerae, and others. Some sources of the infection are improperly prepared food, reheated meat dishes, seafood, dairy, and bakery products. Each organism causes slightly different symptoms but all result in diarrhea. Colitis, inflammation of the large intestine, may also be present.
Risk factors include consumption of improperly prepared foods or contaminated water and travel or residence in areas of poor sanitation. It is also common for river swimmers to become infected during times of rain as a result of contaminated runoff water.

Hopefully, my angel will get better in no time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment