Hi! My name is Lorinda and Thank You for visiting my blog. Please be a Follower and Leave a Message

This is also the page for our beautiful puppies under "LHENILO KENNEL" please visit the the Lhenilo Kennel Tab to know more about our dogs.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Married for 5!

Day 1 started June 21st of 2006. I woke up at around 5 o'clock in the morning (slept at around 3 o clock ). I immediately went straight to the bathroom and took a bath to wake all my senses. I need to be in the hotel (Pearl Manila Hotel U.N. Ave,) before 9AM. I am texting my Make Up Artist because they were supposed to be in our house by 6AM and its already 6:30. My brothers were helping me out gather all the things that we need. The gown, the flowers, the souvenirs, etc... We left at around 7 o'clock.

It was a Wednesday. Traffic. If I had my Heart Rate Monitor that time I believe I have reached my maximum rate while on the road. I am running out of time. There's a lot of things to do. Make up, photo, video, etc.. We reached the hotel past 9o'clock. We were running. I went straight to the dresser and my artist started to paint me up. Its past 11 o'clock I am almost done with my hair and make up now its time for my bridesmaids hair and make up. How many are they? 5, plus my mom and a flower girl. So much for my 1 make up artist to finish them all in roughly 3 hours? Then I remembered, something is missing. Wait. My videographer is not yet here! I called them up and asked where are they now and like what happened to us a few hours ago, they got caught by the traffic. They arrived at around 12NN. Wedding march starts at 2:30PM.

2:00 PM I am on my way down the elevator. Going to my red wedding car. I called the man I am going to marry. I asked him if he's already there, he said Yes. So I breathed all the air I can get and calmed down the pressure, excitement, anxiety, stress and everything that is going on to my mind. I arrived at exactly 2:30 PM. As I went down my red car I am thinking This is it! Its Showtime!

The wedding ceremony was fast. Our Gospel was in the book of 1 Corinthians 13 that goes:

 1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Our promise of love and togetherness. We said this together facing all our guest:

"Grant us O Lord, to be one heart and one soul. From this day forward. For better or for worse. For richer for poorer, In sickness and in health, Until death do us part."


Time flies so fast. Now we are on Year 5. Today we celebrate our Fifth Year Wedding Anniversary. Well, for those who already reached their Golden Anniversary we are still a rookie. But nowadays, considering that there are a large number of broken marriages happening all over the world, I am proud to say that we are still together. Strong. Striving. Fighting. Loving each other more and more each day. 

Fifth year anniversary represents Wood and Silverware. Wood representing strength and solidified relationship and Silverware, representing connectedness. Well, these for me are just some basis for some gift ideas or what nots.

For the man of my life, Happy 5th Anniversary. I am on VL today, I didn't tell you that. We don't have any plans for today I know. But I plan to spend the rest of the day at home with you and the kids. 5 years ago, I am the Most Beautiful Woman alive and until now, I know I am the most beautiful woman alive still in your eyes! Say no, and I'll kill you now! Kidding. I love You Daddy. Still looking forward on spending the rest of my days only with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment